Nilitis 500 mg (Nabumetone)
About Nilitis 500 mg
Nilitis 500 (Nabumetone) is indicated for the relief of pain and inflammation. It may also reduce fever. This medication is classified as an NSAID, and its mechanism of action is said to be the inhibition of the process in which prostaglandins (lipid compounds that can trigger pain and swelling) are synthesized.
Nabumetone 500mg is used for acute and chronic treatment of pain, tenderness, stiffness and swelling in the joints caused due to inflammatory conditions of the joints such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
How Nilitis 500 tablts works?
Nilitis 500 belongs to a class of medicines called non-st***idal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Nabumetone reduces pain by inhibiting the synthesis of pain stimulating chemicals (prostaglandins).
Nabumetone 500mg Tablets Side Effects
Nilitis 500 (Nabumetone 500mg) could cause side effects. Tell your physician if this occurs, as treatment may be required. Some possible side effects include:
• Digestive disturbances
• Hearing a buzzing noise
• Perspiring at an increased rate
Other more serious adverse events requiring medical care straight away can also occur; however, this is usually said to be less frequent. Consult a physician or attend the hospital immediately if you notice coughing up blood, sudden and unusual body weight gain, fever, feeling tired or without energy, bruises on the skin or any other severe reactions that have not been referenced in this paragraph.
Warnings and Precautions
• If you have an allergic or hypersensitive reaction, seek emergency medical consideration.
• Possible symptoms include difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, swelling, chest tightness, skin rashes, and hives.
• Nilitis 500 medication should only be used as instructed and prescribed by your physician or pharmacist. Do not alter your dosage unless mainly told to do so by either of the above.
• Dosage and usage often depend on the severity of the condition, as well as the patient?s medical history and current health condition.
Before you begin using this medication, ensure your physician is aware of the following:
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• If you have any allergies.
• If you have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions.
• If you are using any other drugs or medication.
• If you are using any vitamins or supplements.
• Nform you doctor if you are taking blood thinning medications (eg. warfarin).
• Nilitis 500 is not recommended in children.
• Take nilitis 500 with meal or after meals.
• Do not drive or operate machine if you feel dizzy, tired, drowsy, confused or notice problems with your eye sight.
• Do not consume alcohol while on nabumetone treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
Q: Is nabumetone safe during pregnancy?
A: Nabumetone 500mg should not be used during the last trimester, it can, however, only be used if the potential benefits justify the potential risk to the baby. Please follow your doctor?s advice regarding its use.
Q: Is it safe to use nabumetone during breastfeeding?
A: Nabumetone should not be given during breastfeeding. Please follow your doctor?s advice regarding its use.
Q: Can I take nabumetone 500mg for a headache/ toothache/back pain/ menstrual cramps/gout?
A: Nilitis 500 mainly used to treat pain, tenderness, stiffness and swelling in the joints caused due to inflammatory conditions of the joints such as osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
Q: Does nabumetone contain acetaminophen?
A: No, nabumetone 500mg and acetaminophen are two different medicines.
Q. Does nabumetone have aspirin in it?
A: No, nabumetone does not contain aspirin.
Q: Does nabumetone make you sleepy/ drowzy?
A: Nabumetone may cause difficulty in sleeping or may make you feel sleepy.
Q: Does nabumetone raise blood pressure?
A: Yes, increase in blood pressure is a known side effect of nabumetone.
Q: Does nabumetone cause weight gain?
A: Nabumetone has no known effects on weight gain.