Welcome to our Sildenafil store!
Naprosyn 500 mg (Naproxen 500mg Tablets)
Naprosyn (Naproxen 500mg) Uses
Naprosyn 500 (Naproxen) mg is used to relieve the pain and swelling due to diseases affecting the muscles, joints and tendons, like strains, gout, ankylosing spondylitis (pain and stiffnessin the neck and back) or arthritis, andalso period pain (dysmenorrhea) in women.
How to Naprosyn 500 mg works?
Naprosyn 500 mg belongs to a class of medications called anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which works by blocking the effect of enzyme called cyclooxygenase resulting in decreased production of prostaglandins (a chemical associated with pain) thereby causingease of pain and inflammation.
What is Naproxen 500mg?
Naproxen is a NSAID or anti-inflammatory drug. This medication reduces hormones in the body that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Naproxen is used for relief from pain or inflammation induced by conditions such as arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, tendinitis, bursitis, gout, or menstrual cramps.
Naprosyn 500 mg is sold under several brand names, some of which are Naprosyn and Napryn (Themis Pharma). This medication may also be prescribed for conditions not listed here.
Important Information about Naproxen
• Naproxen (Naprosyn, Napryn) usage may lead to life threatening heart or circulatory problems such as heart attack or stroke, especially if used for a long period. Naproxen is not recommended for use just before or after a heart bypass surgery (CABG). Seek emergency medical attention if you have chest pain, weakness, shortness of breath, slurred speech, or problems with vision or balance while taking Naproxen.
• Naprosyn 500 mg may also lead to severe bleeding to perforation in the stomach or intestines which can be fatal and can happen without warning, especially older adults. If you experience or witness side effects of stomach bleeding such as black, bloody, or tarry stools, or bloody cough or vomit that looks like coffee grounds, get medical attention or call your doctor right away.
• Some common medications such as cold, allergy, pain killers, or medicines similar to Naproxen (ibuprofen, ketoprofen or others) contain NSAIDs. You must ask your doctor first before taking such medications. Taking multiple NSAID based medicines may lead to too much of this type of medication in your body. You must check the medication labels properly to ensure that you don?t take too much of NSAID.
• Naprosyn 500 mg is a FDA pregnancy category C drug. You must notify your doctor in advance if you are pregnant or plant to become pregnant. Taking this medication in the last trimester of your pregnancy may cause birth defects in your child. You must take Naproxen during pregnancy only if you doctor advises you after judging that the potential benefits of this medication far outweigh its harmful effects. Naproxen can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Do not take this medicine without your doctor?s advice if you are breast feeding. Naproxen is not recommended for children below 2 years without proper medical advice.
Before taking Naproxen
Before using Naprosyn 500 mg (Naproxen, Napryn), make sure to discuss about all the points and precautions mentioned above. Ask your doctor if it is safe to use Naproxen on top of some other conditions which you may be suffering from.
You must not use Naproxen if you are allergic to it or to other NSAIDs.
How should I take Naproxen?
You should take Naproxen exactly as directed by your doctor. All medications come with a patient leaflet with complete instructions and details. Refer it for any doubts. Do not alter the course of the medication in any way (do not take more or less than the prescribed dosage). Also do not take it after the period for which the medication was prescribed is over.
EC-Naproxen is a slower acting form of this Naproxen and is prescribed primarily for arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis. Avoid crushing, chewing, or breaking an EC-Naproxen enteric coated tablet. Doing so will damage the enteric coating which is made for protecting your stomach. Instead swallow it whole. Always store Naproxen medication in a cool and dry place
What if I forgot to take a dose of Naproxen?
As Naproxen is taken on a need to need basis, you are not likely to miss a dose.
What to do in case of an Overdose?
In case of an overdose of Naproxen, get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately. Overdose may lead to some of the serious side effects listed below in this guide.
What should I avoid while taking Naproxen?
Avoid other medicines which contain NSAIDs. Also avoid alcohol while taking Naproxen as alcohol can lead to stomach bleeding.
Naprosyn 500 mg (Naproxen) Side Effects
• Upset stomach drowsiness,
Naprosyn 500mg Dosage
Your Naprosyn 500 mg dosage will be decided by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. Dosage may depend on several factors like age, seriousness of the conditions, other conditions, and allergies among several others.
Interaction with other drugs
Consult your doctor before taking an antidepressant medication like fluoxetine, escitalopram, citalopram, luvoxamine, or others. These medications when taken with NSAIDs may cause easy bruising and bleeding.
Other drugs which can interact with Naproxen are warfarin, lithium, methotrexate, diuretics, aspirin or other NSAIDs (ibuprofen, ketoprofen, Diclofenac, celecoxib, or others), or heart or blood pressure medications (benazepril, enalapril, lisonopril, quinapril, or others). These are not the only drugs which can interact with Naproxen. Inform your doctor about all drugs which you may be using. Never start a new medication without proper medical advice.
• Do not take this medicine.
• If you are allergic to naproxen, aspirin or other NSAID or any other ingredient in the medicine.
if you have gastric ulcer or bleeding or black sticky stools, or have had such complaints after taking any NSAID in the past.
• Do not drive or use machines after taking naproxen if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, vertigo, sleeplessness, tiredness, visual disturbances.This medicine can interfere with certain blood and urine test results so it is advised that patient should tell doctor beforehand about usage of this drug.Women should not take this medicine if they want to become pregnant.Take the lowest amount for the shortest possible time to reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke associated with this medicine. Do not take this medicine consecutively for more than 3 days during one menstrual cycle.
Q: Is naproxen safer than ibuprofen?
A: Naproxen and ibuprofen both belong to the same pharmacological class called non-ste***dal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or pain-relieving drugs. Both have almost similar action in reducing pain, inflammation and fever. Judgement of doctors may vary depending on the condition being treated.
Q: Can I take naproxen for a headache, back pain, tooth pain, cold, pain, period cramps and lower back pain?
A: Naprosyn 500 mg is a NSAID drug and can be used to treat mild to moderate pain as occurs with headache, back pain, tooth pain, period cramps and lower back pain. It doesn?t cure cold, but can relieve pain associated with it.
Q: Can I take naproxen for sinus infection, flu and swollen glands?
A: Naproxen may be given to reduce the pain and swelling associated with sinus infection, flu and swollen glands. It does not however treat any of these conditions.
Q: Can I take naproxen with paracetamol/ Tylenol/ Advil?
A: Tylenol is the brand name of paracetamol (acetaminophen). Advil is the brand name of ibuprofen. All of them belong to the same class of medication called non-st***idal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or pain-relieving drugs. It is not advisable to take two or more pain-killers drugs together as it enhances adverse effects.
Q: Does naproxen raise blood pressure or cause constipation?
A: Naproxen can cause constipation and raise blood pressure.
Q: Does naproxen contain acetaminophen, aspirin, sulfa?
A: No. Naproxen doesn?t contain acetaminophen, aspirin, or sulfa. There are all separate drug entities.
Q: Is naproxen a controlled substance or addictive?
A: No. Naprosyn 500 mg is not controlled substance but it belongs to schedule H and can be obtained by producing valid prescription. Also, it doesn?t seem to have habit forming potential.
Q: Is naproxen safe?
A: Naproxen is safe when used for prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
Q: Does naproxen make you sleepy?
A: Naproxen may cause drowsiness.
Q: Does naproxen thin the blood?
A: Naprosyn 500 mg may have some effects on platelet (blood cells which help blood to clot) function, but not as much as low dose aspirin. Naproxen, however, can enhance the effect of blood thinning medication such as heparin or warfarin.
From Where I can Buy Naprosyn 500 mg?
Online Generic Med is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Naprosyn 500 mg online and assure maximum benefits.
We provide only general information about medications which does not cover all directions, possible drug integrations, or precautions. Information at the site cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with your health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.